<DELAYED START> <DELAYED START> <DELAYED START>
Our Jan 4th ride (tomorrow) has a DELAYED start time of 11:30am. Ride Mtg is 11:20am; everything else stays the same. See you in the morning.
The next Atlanta Winter Bike League ride is this coming Saturday, Jan 4th, 2014.
1. As soon as you arrive, please Check-in (find the yellow MyCycleCoach.com banner)…and THEN go back and get suited up.
2. Please arrive early enough to Check-in and be ready to ride by 9:20am.
3. You can register the same day (if not previously registered) via your smartphone, so bring your credit card. Use http://www.prerace.com/races/event/45980 link for this process. If you do not have a smartphone, someone will have one.
IMPORTANT: When you Check-in, please indicate which is the appropriate Group for you. Each Group is based on what your typical overall average speed is on any given ride in Atlanta:
~ Group #1: 16 mph avg and higher
~ Group #2: 14 mph avg and higher
~ Group #3: 13 mph avg and below
Since we have an out-and-back route, this ride has a 3:15 hr ride time. This means each Group rides out approximately 1 hr 40 mins and then turns back and heads home. Total ride distance will vary for each Group.
REMINDER: Your entry fee covers our SAG vehicle costs and miscellaneous items needed to get your bike back on the road.
$25 Full Schedule (remaining 8 rides)
$15 Half Schedule (any 4 rides)
$5 Single ride
RIDING SERIES RULES
Please read the following guidelines very carefully. This Winter Series is a very structured, organized ride and is specifically designed to ride as a group. Habitual offenders and those unwilling to accept respectful correction are welcome to participate in other group rides. All cyclists (even you faster guys/gals) are welcome; you just need to adhere to the following Rules:
1. NO Sprinting: If you feel the need to sprint, please find another ride. We all know that it only takes one person to blow off the front, for the entire peleton to be split apart.
2. Steady Pace: Our Ride Leaders are responsible for setting the pace. When Ride Leaders rotate off the front, the same pace (at which they were riding) is expected to be maintained with the ‘new’ leaders at the front. Deliberate, sudden or abrupt jumps in speed will not be tolerated.
3. Double Pace line: The peleton is limited (at all times) to ride only 2-abreast, or more commonly called a double pace line. GA law limits cyclists (without an event permit) to ride 2-abreast. Only during rotations, will this be an exception.
4. Traffic Lights: Running traffic lights will not be tolerated. If part of your group is caught with the light turning red as you are approaching, you need to stop. You will have a chance to re-join your group.
5. Stop Signs: Running stops signs will not be tolerated. We will stop as a group and roll through as a group.
6. SAG or Mechanical Needs: If you have any type of mechanical, the SAG vehicle will stop to help assist. The peleton will NOT stop. Once the mechanical has been resolved, the SAG vehicle (with you and your bike) will leapfrog the peleton, so that you can easily integrate back into your group. If your issue cannot be resolved, you get a free ride for the remainder of the route, as the SAG vehicle stays with the peleton.
SAG vehicles will have limited space if you have a ‘small’ cooler, etc. If you need to take any layers off, you are welcome to put them in the SAG vehicle.
7. Lack of Skill or Comfort: Coaching will be provided as a courtesy to anyone who may have a low confidence or skill level of riding in an organized, double pace line and/or being able to ride in a consistent, straight line.
See you Jan 4th….