The next Atlanta Winter Bike League ride is this coming Saturday, Feb 22nd, 2014. Come see why this Series is growing in popularity.
1. As soon as you arrive, Check-in (find the yellow MyCycleCoach.com banner)…and THEN go back and get suited up.
<<< Check-in: starts at 8:45am, closes at 9:15am >>>
2. Ride Meeting at 9:20am. Ride Start at 9:30am.
3. You can register the same day (if not previously registered) via your smartphone, so bring your credit card. Use http://www.prerace.com/races/event/45980 link for this process. If you do not have a smartphone, someone will have one.
4. Indoor restrooms located inside U-Haul building. Please thank the staff when you leave, as they extended this courtesy to us for the entire Series.
IMPORTANT: When you Check-in, please indicate which is the appropriate Group for you. Each Group is based on what your typical overall average speed is on any given ride in Atlanta:
~ Group #1: 17 mph avg and higher
~ Group #2: 14 mph avg and higher
~ Group #3: 13 mph avg and below
REMINDER: Your entry fee covers our SAG vehicle costs and miscellaneous items needed to get your bike back on the road.
$18 Full Schedule (remaining rides)
$12 Half Schedule (any 3 rides)
$5 Single ride
RIDE TIMES vs DISTANCE
All Rides will be based on Ride Time…NOT distance. This allows for all 3 Groups to return at the same time, allowing for better SAG support. Actual miles ridden for each group will vary.
Designated nature stops will be 1 hour into the ride. Please bring cash to buy at least 1 item, to help support convenient stores for the use of their restrooms. NOTE: Nature Stops are not rest stops, therefore, please take care of business as quickly as possible.
RIDING SERIES RULES
Please read the following guidelines very carefully. This Winter Series is a very structured, organized ride and is specifically designed to ride as a group. Habitual offenders and those unwilling to accept respectful correction are welcome to participate in other group rides. All cyclists (even you faster guys/gals) are welcome; you just need to adhere to the following Rules:
1. NO Sprinting: If you feel the need to sprint, please find another ride. We all know that it only takes one person to blow off the front, for the entire peleton to be split apart.
2. Steady Pace: Our Ride Leaders are responsible for setting the pace. When Ride Leaders rotate off the front, the same pace (at which they were riding) is expected to be maintained with the ‘new’ leaders at the front. Deliberate, sudden or abrupt jumps in speed are not allowed.
3. Double Pace line: The peleton is limited (at all times) to ride only 2-abreast, or more commonly called a double pace line. GA law limits cyclists (without an event permit) to ride 2-abreast. Only during rotations, will this be an exception.
4. Traffic Lights: Running traffic lights will not be tolerated. If part of your group is caught with the light turning red as you are approaching, you need to stop. You will have a chance to re-join your group.
5. Stop Signs: Running stops signs will not be tolerated. We will stop as a group and roll through as a group.
6. Rotating: No one is allowed to pull longer than 10 minutes at a time. This allows for everyone to rotate throughout the ride.
7. SAG or Mechanical Needs: If you have any type of mechanical, the SAG vehicle will stop to help assist. The peleton will NOT stop. Once the mechanical has been resolved, the SAG vehicle (with you and your bike) will leapfrog the peleton, so that you can easily integrate back into your group. If your issue cannot be resolved, you get a free ride for the remainder of the route, as the SAG vehicle stays with the peleton.
SAG vehicles will have limited space if you have a ‘small’ cooler, etc. If you need to take any layers off, you are welcome to put them in the SAG vehicle.
8. Lack of Skill or Comfort: Professional coaching will be provided as a courtesy to anyone who may have a low confidence or skill level of riding in an organized, double pace line and/or being able to ride in a consistent, straight line, drafting, etc.
9. Tri Bikes: ALL cyclists are welcome, including those with tri bikes. Riding in the aero bars is only permitted when you are pulling at the front or following in the back of the peleton.
See you Feb 22nd….