OK, folks. Here’s the latest info for tomorrow’s Tina 120 ride on the Silver Comet Trail.
1. Paulding County working to have their smart car do an escort at the county line; no guarantee but they will do their best.
2. Pirkles Deli in Cedartown jumped on board to help assist with our lunch stop, which will be at mile 75 (approximate). This means potential discounts but no free lunch, so be prepared to cover your own meal.
THE REASON WE ARE RIDING—
1. Donate to the ‘Take Back the Trail for Tina’ FUND. If you want to make a donation on behalf of Tina, the money being raised is: 1. to help increase a Reward that would lead to the capture of her attacker, and 2. to offset the medical bills that are already mounting up. Just contact any Suntrust Bank and tell them you want to make a donation to the Take Back the Trail for Tina FUND; it’s that easy.
2. Take back the Silver Comet Trail. This incident is isolated and doesn’t make the Trail un-ridable; we just need to be smart about not riding alone.
RIDE PARTICIPATION DETAILS—-
1. 0.00 Mile Marker, 6:00 AM: If you want to join me and 104.7 The Fish Morning Host Kevin Avery, we will be departing the Publix- Highland Station shopping center approximately 6:00am, Tuesday August 5th…or as soon as there is light. We will be riding the entire Trail which is 60 miles out/back. If you want to start with us but cannot ride the entire distance, PLEASE make sure you have a riding partner (especially for you ladies) to ride back with you. Anticipating an 8-hr finish time.
2. 14.6 Mile Marker, 6:30 AM: A 2nd option to join us is at the Red Caboose, 400 Seaboard Ave, Hiram, GA 30143. If you ride to the end, that will be approximately 96 miles. Again, if any ladies need to turn around, please make sure you have a riding partner to get back to your vehicles safely.
3. 6pm Ride <<<NEW>>>: A 6:00 PM memorial ride is confirmed and is being spearheaded by Sorella Cycling Club, a ladies-only club in metro Atlanta. HUGE thanks to the ladies for taking the initiative on this and giving those who can’t get out of work for the day, to still come out and show our cycling support. Start location is Publix- Highland Station shopping center.
<<Publix Parking NOTE>>: Park to the front of the parking lot, closest to East-West Connector…..away from Publix customer parking spaces.
BIKE SHOP SPONSORS—
Outback Bikes and Cycology Bikes will be providing back-up gels, bars etc., in case anyone needs them. Outback Bikes will have a van that will leap-frog us during the ride, in order to strategically re-connect with us as needed.
Finally, all this would not be a reality without Kevin Avery from the Kevin & Taylor in The Morning, (104.7 The Fish) coming up with the idea. Team effort in a very short timeframe will make tomorrow a HUGE success…..for Tina and for all those who use the Silver Comet Trail.
See ya on the road,